PPL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTIES
PATENTED TECHNOLOGIES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
- Hydrogels for Contact Lenses US 3,786,034; GB 1,455,694; CAN 993,594
- Polyurethanes for Medical Applications US 4,171,699; CAN 1,121,947
SUMMARY - MEDICAL DEVICES
- Rigid Gas Permeable Polymers for Contact Lenses Have new improved formulations in addition to current production items. These polymers have a high Oxygen permeability value, allow-ing the contact lens to "breathe".
- Lubricious Catheter and Guide Wire Coatings Proprietary two part polyurethanes that are significantly better than current silicone oils. Large market potential since silicones are getting "bad press".
- Angioplasty Balloon Materials New Thermoplastic Polyurethanes for angioplasty balloons to replace natural latex. Natural Latex is under attack for causing extreme allergic complications. Potential is extremely large since applications can be extended to Foley (urological) and other balloon catheters.
BIOPOLYMERS FOR MEDICAL & INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
- Chitosan, Polygalactoseamine and Red Algae Only source in the World for Fermentation based Chitosan and Polygalactoseamine. Very large potential uses in:
- Wound Dressings (Current studies underway)
- Artificial Limbs and Implants
- Bone Grafts (Current Army Cooperative R&D)
- Tertiary Oil Recovery (DOE SBIR in Progress)
- Hyaluronic Acid Replacement
SERUM AGGLUTINATION KITS
- Proprietary Polystyrene microspheres used as carrier matrix for bind-ing antigens. Large emerging worldwide potential in drug dependency identification.
POLYMERS FOR SUSTAINED RELEASE
- Microencapsulation and sustained release of drugs, flavors, fra-grances and growth hormones, with various possible triggers. Extremely large potential in several medical and cosmetic applications.